Collection and Use of Personal Information:
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
When you request information, signup for our email list, or Login to view Events, here are some examples of the types of personal information FlashBox may collect and how we may use it.
- your name
- mailing address
- phone number
- email address
- contact preferences
- service specific data
How we use your personal information:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on FlashBox’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with FlashBox, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve FlashBox’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information:
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where a FlashBox product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies:
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. FlashBox may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the FlashBox website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties:
At times FlashBox may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with FlashBox to provide products and services, or that help FlashBox market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by FlashBox to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Protection of Personal Information:
FlashBox takes precautions – including administrative, technical, and physical measures – to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services:
FlashBox websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party mobile device app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy:
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to FlashBox employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Copyright © 2012 FlashBox Media, LLC. All rights reserved.
FlashBox Media, LLC., 83 Lintel Drive, McMurray, PA 15317 USA.